ARTAS HAIR TRANSPLANTS WITH THE BEST MEDICAL TEAM BEHIND
The use of robots in various areas of medicine has brought us multiple benefits and money savings. But in the case of plastic surgery, the ARTAS Hair transplants has revolutionized the market. This robot was developed in 2006 by Restoration Robotics and since then hair restoration was change.
It was first introduced in 2008 and caused both positive and negative impressions. It was accredited as effective and safe, so its commercialization has been present since 2011. In fact, in Mexico it is not a popular installation, but in Europe and mainly Spain there are high numbers of ARTAS robot installations.
The ARTAS Robot is a system that uses 3D visualization technology to digitally map the patient’s scalp in order to analyze the position of each natural grouping of hair. This procedure is always guided by a plastic surgeon that assists in the harvesting of donor hair, taking follicular units in a random pattern and leaving only stitch scars.
These scars allow greater flexibility with hair length after surgery. With the ARTAS Hair Transplant robot can be an efficient method of obtaining maximum density and coverage in a single session. As it allows the surgeon to focus more on the process of creating recipient sites and implanting the grafts.
Since it is an optical imaging system, the ARTAS robot selects the next follicular unit for harvesting. So the patient is first given local anesthesia in the area to be harvested. The robotic arm then automatically positions itself in the donor area.
Then the system orients the drilling tool to the scalp and scans the skin for a follicular unit to harvest. Once the robot targets a follicular unit for extraction a double punch mechanism is implemented with the inner sharp tool marking the skin around the follicular unit and the outer tool dissecting the graft from the surrounding tissue.
Subsequently, the optimal system scans the next follicular unit to be removed. The arm places the tool over the next unit, aligns the instrument with the follicles and the removal step is repeated. This sequence continues until the robot finishes harvesting from the area defined by the tensor.
Upon completion, when harvesting of the area is complete, technicians manually remove the grafts from the scalp and the tensioner moves to a virgin area for a new round of harvesting. This process continues until enough grafts are harvested for a complete hair restoration.
ADVANTAGES OF ARTAS HAIR IMPLANTATION
Thanks to the precision of this surgery, it is perfect for FUE type grafts and minimizes damage to the follicles. It is also faster and reduces the extraction time; this shorter time manages to increase the percentage of valid implants. Also, the ARTAS hair restoration it is a procedure that leaves no scars.
Also, ARTAS hair transplant it is not an invasive procedure, since no sutures or cuts are needed. So your recovery time using this system is short, and you can resume your activities a few days after the intervention.
BENEFITS OF USING ARTAS
- Painless. No scarring and no need for stitches associated with the strip method.
- Algorithms. Thanks to the algorithms performs an identification and selection of the best follicles to extract them.
- Physician-assisted and with the highest quality follicle extraction.
- Robotic harvesting. Digital mapping provides accurate and consistent graft extraction.
- Ideal pattern for transplantation. Generates a natural spacing distribution for excellent results and avoids damage to healthy hair.
- No human fatigue and no errors. Because the extraction is performed by the robot, the quality of each graft that is selected is guaranteed.
- Fast recovery.
- About 800 to 1000 follicular units can be extracted in one hour, significantly increasing the speed and reducing the extraction time.
- Higher percentage of valid and suitable implants thanks to the shorter time elapsed until the implant.
- The quality of the grafts is maintained since the human fatigue factor does not intervene.
The transplant is totally permanent since it uses your own hair, usually from the occipital region of the head.
HAIR TRANSPLANT WITH THE ARTAS ROBOT
The ARTAS hair transplant is arguably a mechanized version of the FUE or Hair Follicle Extraction Transplantation technique. So the hand of an expert surgeon with the help of this robot will do wonders for you to recover your hair. The difference it has is that it is more exact in placement and is less invasive.
Since hair transplantation with the FUE technique began to be used, the placement of hair grafts has been completely revolutionized. The procedure was faster, easier and did not leave visible marks to the naked eye as can happen with a FUT hair restoration; But, what is the FUE transplant technique?
This procedure basically consists of the individual extraction of hair follicles from areas of the head where there is no affectation by baldness, to later place them in the parts where the hair has fallen. This is a simple, minimally invasive and very effective procedure, as long as it is performed by a trained plastic surgeon.
Once they are extracted, the doctor makes a design to place each of the hair follicles with a natural appearance. This step can last for hours, as they have to be placed properly and one by one so that they are not damaged and a true hair restoration can be done.
As we explained at the beginning of this page, the procedure followed by the ARTAS hair transplant robot is the same; The machine with proper handling can take care of the extraction of each follicle and then change its location. It speeds up the process and instead of taking more than 6 hours, it can be cut down to half or less that time.
ARTAS HAIR TRANSPLANT OR FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT: WICH IS BETTER?
As it is the same procedure, you may wonder what is the difference between both hair transplant techniques; Of course, in addition to the costs and the fact that one is made with a robotic arm. Well, here at Cancun Hair Restoration, we perform both procedures, we can tell you which of the two is your best option.
After performing ARTAS hair restoration with and comparing it with a traditional hair transplant, we discovered very interesting differences that will help you define what will be the best treatment for you and that we will expose you in the following list:
- The ARTAS robot performs better in the most important points of hair transplant: the collection and conservation of hair follicles.
- Thanks to its exact system, the collection of hair follicles that it performs is not only faster and reduces the time in the operating room (which is expensive), but it also makes each cut with greater precision than the hand of any person.
- The patterns that ARTAS robot to position hair follicles can be more ideal and appear more normal in appearance, which would make the surgery practically unnoticeable.
- The procedure is less invasive; the algorithms you use for are more precise and can cut more efficiently without making them too large or deep.
- By not cutting excessively on the scalp, the ARTAS robot can extract without damaging a smaller number of hair follicles; Generally, during manual extraction, some grafts may be lost, but with ARTAS this number is reduced.
- Since it is a robot, ARTAS may not be very good for certain patients, especially those who have a major baldness problem. In such cases, the best will be a manual transplant; the surgeon will be in charge of indicating the best option.
- Tissue can often resist cut puncture; When this occurs during an ARTAS hair transplant, the graft is not well placed. The best thing on those occasions is that it is the human hand that can identify it and make the necessary cut.
Without a doubt, ARTAS hair transplantation is a before and after in hair restoration and is definitely less prone to human errors that may occur throughout the process. For this reason, the work is not done by the robot alone; Cancun Hair Restoration’s plastic surgery specialists are in charge of carrying it out and combining the best of both.
WHAT DO DOCTORS THINK ABOUT THE ARTAS ROBOT?
In this regard, Dr. Bernstein assures that this machine reduces the fatigue associated with the hair extraction phase of the FUE Technique. Since this process is a strenuous activity. In this line, most of the mentioned professionals agree, although they point out that it should be improved for the wellbeing of the patients.
Instantly assesses and corrects the results, adapting immediately to the particular case, to achieve the best result for each type of patient (this can only be achieved with a lot of experience and knowledge) it can be said that the specialized surgeon handles the punch, as if it were an artist’s pencil.
While it may seem exaggerated to refer to hair transplant surgery as an art, this, in reality, is not far from the truth. Any type of cosmetic surgery requires a mixture of technical skill, knowledge and imagination. The artistic part of the process cannot be taken away if natural-looking results are desired.
Why is CHR your best option for ARTAS hair transplantation?
Our experience with hair transplantation makes us more than qualified to offer you the best hair restoration with ARTAS. We have our own robotic protocol that has given us incredible results; It was designed by our plastic surgeons so that the end result is the best possible.
The robot is not in charge of delineating the girl’s hair; This is the work of our trained and experienced doctors. The purpose is that you obtain a natural appearance as quickly as possible; the hair transplant ARTAS is an excellent choice for you.
Make an appointment with Cancun Hair Restoration if you want a quick hair transplant that does not need a long recovery. ARTAS hair transplant is the procedure you needed to recover your hair. Our service is guaranteed, only the best plastic surgeons collaborate with us. ¡Contact us now!