FUE Hair Transplant in Mexico: What you should know
The FUE hair transplant in Mexico technique is one of the most used for its immediate results and because it does not leave any mark on patients. At Cancun Hair Restoration, it is one of the most common procedures that we perform and that takes the least time to perform.
Our hair restoration clinic has an experience in performing this procedure; therefore, we are the best in Cancun and now in Mexico City. So that you know in detail what the FUE hair transplant technique consists of, below, we will tell you some details about it, as well as some aspects of care that you should have if you have decided to do it .
FUE Hair Transplant
The hair grafting technique called FUE is called this way since it is the acronym for Follicular Unit Extraction. As the name implies, it is transplanted individually each one of the capillary units to the head area to be treated. This is one of the most modern and advanced methods in the medical field.
It is a procedure slightly invasive requiring a local anesthetic and provides incredible results in treating diseases such as alopecia. It is a surgery that does not leave visible scars, since the capillary units are taken from areas where there is a greater concentration of hair.
The FUE hair transplant technique in Mexico consists of 8 stages that begin the moment you enter the operating room:
- First of all, after your reception and admission to our clinic, we will perform a haircut and wash; and then take pictures that allow you to see the progress and change that this procedure represents.
The cut is made with the intention of having hair-free spaces and being able to perform the intervention better.
- Later, we will give you a detailed explanation of what this procedure consists of; meanwhile, we will make a design of what will be the receiving area and from where we will obtain the hair follicles. In this prior consultation, we will identify which area of your scalp has the most hair follicles that we can transplant to where you want to be treated.
- Once in the operating room, before starting, the plastic surgeon who will carry out the operation will mark the receiving area very well, with the design that was previously proposed; as well as the area from where all the hair follicles will be taken.
- The next thing will be to apply the local anesthesia in which will be the donor area; This is very similar to the one used in dental procedures. At all times you will be awake, and you will not have the slightest pain or discomfort. Since it is applied by specialist doctors, you will not run any risk with anesthesia.
- Once all this preamble has been done, the doctor will begin with the FUE hair transplant, first with the extraction of the hair follicles from the donor area. These are removed one by one with great care so that they are preserved as much as possible.
The instruments used to perform this intervention are millimetric and more exact than any scalpel. The incisions they generate are so tiny that they heal quickly and don’t leave the slightest mark on your scalp.
Before starting the graft, all the removed follicles are placed in a special container for counting. They are kept at a low temperature to ensure that they withstand this long procedure.
- Once they have been placed in a special liquid and they have already been counted, the next step will be the implementation of each of the hair obtained. To do this, local anesthesia is applied again, only now it will be in the receiving area.
To do this, we use a device called Implanters to get the new hair follicles into the scalp. The design created by the surgeon will be the insertion guide for each of them, depending on the number of follicles obtained, their direction of growth and the angle they will take when entering.
- At the end of this last step, we will take photos of the final result so that you can compare the change that the surgery generated. They also serve to identify the design made by the surgeon for you to recover your hair.
- Finally, all the postoperative care that you must follow will be explained to you to avoid any problems and guarantee that your hair follicles will remain intact. From washing, to medications you may have to take to avoid the hassle of recovery.
What You Should Know about FUE Hair Transplant in Mexico
There are certain things you should know about FUE hair transplant in Mexico, which many of our patients have asked us about. Some of them like the duration, if it hurts, how the results will look or when they will start to show.
Some of the key points about this hair transplant technique are:
- In the first instance, it is a completely painless procedure; If that is the case, you will feel some tugging when the follicles are removed, apart from the injection of anesthesia. Other than that, you will feel absolutely nothing during the surgery.
- Regarding the duration, we can tell you that sometimes it lasts up to 12 hours; For this reason, in many cases, it is carried out in two or three sessions. This will be determined by the number of hair follicles to be grafted. On average, they can last between 6 and 8 hours for an excellent result.
- After 6 months of your operation, you will notice how 50 percent of the transplanted hair follicles begin to come out. You will notice the permanent result after 10 or 12 months after the intervention. So, don’t despair if you don’t notice a very significant change a week.
- Many ask us if there will be a difference in hair texture or color; For them, our answer is that the hair grows the same as where it was taken. In the area where the hair is taken, it is usually stronger and with a more intense color, but at first glance it will not be something detectable.
- And, about whether it is a permanent operation or after a while I will be as before; We can tell you that the FUE hair transplant in Mexico will continue to grow naturally wherever we put it. Only in cases when you have diseases such as androgenetic alopecia or for hormonal reasons can you lose your hair again. From there on, your new hair will be preserved.
The doctors who collaborate in Cancun Hair Restoration are experts in the technique of FUE hair transplantation in Mexico. If you are looking for the best solution for your hair loss, do not hesitate to contact us from our page. You can also do it by phone at : 55-5466-1144 ; or write us an at: email@example.com . Find us at any of our branches in the CDMX or in Cancun.