Psoriasis and Hair Loss
Psoriasis and hair loss have a very close relationship. Sometimes the solution is to have a hair transplant in Mexico. But, would you like to know what is the relationship between the two? Continue reading this article that Cancun Hair Repair brings you.
Psoriasis and hair loss: how are they related?
Psoriasis is a common skin disorder that produces raised, reddish, and often scaly patches. This can appear as a single patch or be several and, to some extent, affect the entire scalp. In some cases, it spreads to the forehead, the back of the neck, and even inside the ears.
Starting treatment can help control scalp psoriasis. When you see your doctor, you can find several options to fix it. Treatments for psoriasis minimize irritation to the scalp and consequently will decrease hair loss.
Psoriasis: types and symptoms
Psoriasis affects about 7.4 million people in the United States. In this condition, the immune system converts skin cells too quickly. This causes red spots and silver scales known as plaques to form on the surface of the skin. It can be of two types: mild or severe. And, depending on its progress, it can cause hair loss.
Temporary hair loss
It is true that psoriasis can cause temporary hair loss. The itching caused by flaking will lead to scratching, which can lead to hair loss. But, once you start the treatment, your hair will grow back.
Tips to prevent itching
In Cancun Hair Restoration we leave some tips to relieve and prevent itching caused by psoriasis:
- Use of conditioner to keep the scalp hydrated.
- Do not use hair dryers or other tools that provide heat frequently.
- Menthol hair products will be soothing to you.
- Make use of ice packs or wet towels. Apply them directly to the irritated scalp.
- Consult your doctor to monitor your stress level and review your eating habits, as well as medical treatments or conditions that may be affecting your scalp.
How to control psoriasis?
There are different methods to control psoriasis:
Topical methods for managing psoriasis include:
- Creams, topical steroid type
- Sprays such as clobetasol propionate (Clobex)
- Steroid foams
- Mineral oils for night application
- Any medicated shampoo that contains selenium or tar
For some cases, the doctor will recommend oral treatments, which may include:
- Oral retinoids
XTRAC lasers are useful for distributing UVB light on the skin. It takes 4 to 10 sessions to notice results in the treatment.
Remember not to self-medicate and always consult your doctor. If you want to get the best hair transplant in Mexico, contact us. Come with the experts of Cancun Hair Restoration and get great hair again! We are waiting for you.
You may also like: